The easiest way for you to get your content marketing strategy up and running is by using a blog. Maybe you’ve thought that nobody in your specific niche would ever read a blog. That is a very selfish way of thinking. People are searching for what you offer. You just don’t realize it.
But, that isn’t really what this post is about. So, what is the purpose of starting a blog? Here are 8 reasons why you should be blogging:
- Boost traffic to your site
- Build credibility
- Proof of subject matter expertise
- Rank higher on Google
- Post interesting stuff from within your niche
- Teach someone something useful
- Offer a solution to a problem
- And, eventually, bring in customers
That’s it. Pretty simple. If you don’t have a blog, I suggest you start one. It isn’t that hard. Here’s the key, though, you have to own it yourself. Blogger is great, but you don’t own that blog–Google does. But, that is for a later post.
What do you like to post on your blog?